Countless business deals are done at trade shows every year. This is why they are one of the most effective ways you can promote your business whether it is a starter up or an established enterprise. In fact, according to some studies nearly 80% of trade show attendees say that exhibits influenced their decision to purchase from businesses. So, what are the best strategies for increasing your trade show leads?
- Prepare an elevator pitch…and more: You’ve no doubt heard of the “elevator pitch” by now. This is a concise summation of your business proposal and what it can do for potential clients/partners. When you attend a trade show you should have this brief pitch ready but you should also be ready to expand upon it. A trade show is a time to pitch your company by presenting attendees with brochures, video presentations, product demonstrations and more.
- Set up pre-show booth meetings: You should plan your trade show appearance at least several weeks in advance. Set up a meeting with attendees in order to gather intelligence on how your display will go.
- Choose strategically: Part of the planning process of your trade show appearance should to determine if you are even exhibiting your business in the right venue. Make sure that you choose a conference, convention, etc, that aligns with your business and its goals. This will inform you as to the kinds of people who are likely to attend and whether they can help you achieve your business goals.
- Choose the right location for your trade show booth: The old real estate adage about location, location, location is true of trade show space as well. Try choosing a high traffic area such as near a food and beverage station. You may also wish to choose a location that is adjacent to your competitors so that you can tap into some of their traffic.
- Make the design of your trade show booth eye-catching: You don’t have to spend many thousands of dollars on an exhibit but it should be attention-grabbing as you will likely face a lot of competition depending on the size of the trade show. Our custom trade show exhibits are attractive yet understated as is our 10×20 trade show booth.
In the end, it’s all about the quality of leads you acquire and not just about sheer numbers. Using these tips you will hopefully be able to generate many quality leads that can make the cost and time you invested in your trade show presentation pay off.