Some Ways to Save $$
Items to consider before getting a labor estimate:
- Do you have a hanging sign? If so, make sure someone on your labor team knows to assemble it for the riggers.
- Will electric need to be installed?
- Need any special equipment? You’ll want to arrange for it to be at your booth ahead of time if so to avoid delays.
- Is there furniture to be assembled?
- What are the booth materials?
- Who will install your flooring? If you order flooring through us, we’ll handle this. If it’s through the show make sure it’s down before your install team arrives to avoid delays.
- Who will provide the supervision on the show floor? We will if you rent through us. Otherwise, make sure someone who’s familiar with your booth will be around to ensure everything gets done as efficiently as possible!
Deciding how to ship
Direct to Show or to the Advanced Warehouse? – If timing permits, it is almost always best to ship to the advanced warehouse. That way your freight is more likely to be at your booth space by your move-in time. You’ll need to allow extra time when shipping direct to account for delays. Delays can be caused by the truck driver having to check into the marshaling yard, waiting to be called to unload, and getting paperwork. To be safe, you’ll want to delay your labor start time by about 4 hours to give your freight time to make it to your booth before set up begins. You don’t want to end up paying your install crew to stand around waiting for something to do for hours! When renting from P.O.P. Exhibits Inc., we’ll always ship to the advance warehouse whenever possible.
Scheduling Dismantle – Always take into account the entire schedule to avoid delays when scheduling dismantle with your labor & shipping companies. Oftentimes it’s safest to schedule labor for the morning after and shipper to come later in the afternoon. This is because returning the empty freight can take a while, especially for large shows. If your show requires the floor to be cleared by 12pm the next day you might consider scheduling labor for a couple hours after the show breaks.
Keep in mind that if you’re renting your exhibit through P.O.P. Exhibits Inc. we’ll handle I & D for you at a guaranteed price. That means that no matter the hiccups encountered on the show floor, your price is fixed.