Trade shows are an excellent way to generate leads and to introduce your product to prospective clients. However, it is easy to be overlooked by merchants who may have a bigger booth and a flashier display than smaller exhibitors. This is why it is important to know a few tricks that will help you stand out among even the savviest merchants. Here are six things you can do to stand out among the trade show crowds to make the best impression possible.
- Start long before you get there: Spend the weeks and even months before the trade show thinking out your exhibit and how your will present your product or service to the audience. Make sure that you have handouts like T-shirts, fliers, pencils and other promotional items ready.
- Wisely use audio-video materials: Use interactive A/V presentations to draw attendees to your exhibit like months to a flame. Your well produced presentation can be as simple as a monitor a keyboard and a computer or as intricate as a wide screen display so long as it is engaging, informative and interesting.
- Be hospitable: People enjoy doing business with people who make them feel special and appreciated. Provide your prospects with pleasant conversation, refreshments, etc., to let them know that they are the focus of your marketing efforts.
- Hold a giveaway contest: Giveaways are an excellent way to build a mailing list and if your company does not hold one you may be missing the opportunity to gain some A-1 prospects. Just be sure that your giveaway is fun and that the prize(s) will be something that the public will find valuable.
- Invest in a great exhibition stand: Invest – and that is the key word – in the best exhibit you can to make your display stand apart from the others. You don’t have to spend a fortune for a custom stand that can wow the audience and put your product in their minds.
- Hire a celebrity spokesperson: If your budget allows it, hire a celebrity to help you sell your company. The celebrity you choose doesn’t have to be an A-lister, it can be a local celebrity.
Using these tips you can compete with some of the larger exhibitors. You can also gain parity with the big boys (and girls) with a 10×20 trade show booth. Our custom trade show exhibits can adapt to a variety of different products and industries.